Hiking/Water fun this weekend???

Hiking/Water fun this weekend???

Where can we go on Saturday to do a little hiking and maybe creek playing that is near Charlotte/Matthews?  Want less than an hours drive. Somewhere that we can hike a few miles with kids and maybe dog tagging along then killing time exploring creeks and water.   Lake Norman?  McDowell Nature Preserve?  Anne Springs? Cane Creek?  What you got for suggestions?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Hiking/Water fun this weekend???

McDowell Park would work, that's my old hood. Enough trails to serve the purpose and some that follow the edge of the lake. Not a lot of creek action but still water. I haven't been out to Cane Creek in forever but I heard they've made some improvements as of late. I think under an hour you have the best options listed. I would suggest South Mtn if you want a hike and excellent creeks but that's gonna be about 1.5 hours of drive for you from your side of town.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Please, whatever you do, don't swim in the creeks of Poston.

SDC: "This is not my bike."

jonboy wrote:

oh...yep, typles is 100% correct for once. DEM PARTS don'tplay together. it's like mixing pasa and CWR.

Lake Nomran state park?

SDC: "This is not my bike."

jonboy wrote:

oh...yep, typles is 100% correct for once. DEM PARTS don'tplay together. it's like mixing pasa and CWR.

LNSP or Latta plantation ?Can you swim there?
Within 2 hrs
Woodruff ridge waterfall and swimming hole

Lake Norman State Park is great for this. No creeks but a big damn lake for the pups to swim in. I take mine to the Lake Shore hiking trail (drive to the end of the main road, keep right at the boat launch sign, turn left onto shoreleaf drive, park at the first lot and hike down toward the lake.  There are plenty of little beaches to let your dog play on. 
http://www.ncparks.gov/sites/default/fi … rk-map.pdf

Talley's Pier 77 Marine
www.talleyspier77.com

btalley
Professional Boat Guy
useravatar
74 Posts
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Dylandisarro
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Please consider supporting PASA's efforts and services financially. For more information on contributing visit "PASA 411 / Contribute to PASA" on the menu. Thanks for your support!

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa